Here is the list of mandatory equipment:
• A WAA Ultra Bag 20L backpack or equivalent.
• A packaging capacity of 1.5 liters of water (gourd, water bag, etc.).
• A sleeping bag.
• A headlamp (which must be turned on after dark) + 1 complete set of spare batteries or battery.
• 10 safety pins.
• A lighter.
• A whistle.
• A metal blade knife.
• A skin antiseptic.
• A signalling mirror.
• A survival blanket.
• 8 soup cubes (2 per day). The use of these cubes makes it possible to effectively replace the salt tablets, which will not be distributed to runners.
• A tube of sunscreen .
• 100 euros in cash .
• Passport or identity card for Europeans.
• The official medical certificate provided by the organization, duly completed and signed by a doctor in the 90 days before the race.
This list may vary depending on the destination, it is necessary to check the regulations of the edition that concerns you.
Find more details and advice on equipment for the HMDS here.